Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Mom's Approval

Happy Father's Day!! I am lucky to have the best father in the world! (I may be a little biased)
My brother got my dad a t-shirt that has the heavy guy from The Hangover holding the baby with a caption that says "Who's baby is this?" Funny, yes, but not when you have never seen the movie, like my parents. Then it is just weird (especially for a Father's Day present).Luckily my gift was a 3 month subscription to Netflix. I think I know what the first movie they request is going to be.

Late in the afternoon, after many failed attempts, my mother finally made it to our little plot of land and I was able to show her around the neighborhood with my dad. I forgot to mention it before, but the land we bought comes with a few amenities via paying our POA dues. There is an olympic sized pool sans lane ropes that the children love, and I enjoy a lot too. The is also a community boat ramp next to the community fishing pier. It is a brand new and really picturesque area, especially during sunset. The dues also cover road maintainece and any use of the play ground or picnic pavillion. Not bad for $100 a year. (plus we split all expenses)

I could tell that my mom really was suprised at how much work we had done on the property and how nice everything was. After the golf-cart tour was over (that is the only cool way to travel there) my mom, my dad, and I hung out in my Russell's parents' jacuzzi. Their trailer is just down the street from us, so it was nice to walk over and just relax with a drink after we were done. Not a bad day at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment