Saturday, August 21, 2010

One Last Sunburn

Today was a loooot of fun. I got in one last sunburn before returning to college. Russell's family held a small party and we spent the day on the lake and in the pool. I am completely exhausted (in the good way) from all the fun so I am looking forward to winding down the day in front of the TV watching the Green Bay Packers play another preseason game. I really am excited about this season; I think we really have a good chance at making it to the superbowl! Now, if the Rangers will just keep doing well. It is about this time of year that they start slipping and make me sad. But I still cheer for them of course!

I cannot wait for move-in day. This will officially be the first time that I am living completely alone, in my own apartment! I suppose it is debateable if it really counts as living alone: my "sugar boo-boo" (bahahaha) boyfriend lives in the apartment directly above mine, and my brother is moving into one on the other side of the apartment complex. (Yey for scholarships!) Not to mention I will still be surrounded by the apartments of the many friends I have come close to over the last three years. So, okay, I am not technically alone, but I will be more alone than ever before.

And that means I need to go shopping!!! YEY!

My former roommate Lele (who has moved on to a better place.... not heaven, silly, student-teaching!) and I had pretty much split up the various appliances and decorations that one needs to have a functioning apartment so now that I am all by my lonesome I need to fill in the gaps left on the counter. Most notable is the absense of a microwave and I don't know why but I really miss the toaster that I never used. There are lots of little things that I am starting to realise I will need to get as well (like an oven mitt) but I don't mind.

Only four more days until move-in!

No comments:

Post a Comment